X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapping a CRT TV - Sharp CX-34D2

I got a huge backlog of CRT scrap outs to put up, been flat out scrapping 'em in trying to clear out the clutter i've let build up over the past month.
    I'll only have time for a few tonight as I got a van load of empties to drop off first thing but the next few days I should have 'em all up, just about the end of 'em now,
    think there's only a dozen CRT's about the place now, i'm pretty happy about it actually, seems like crt tv's are all I been doing lately.

This one's a Sharp CX-34D2..

Buying eWaste link here

Seems ok, all light gauge though so won't be much value here..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

The Degaussing cable here is too thin to strip so it just goes straight into the insulated wire bucket, thin degaussing cables are still a higher grade insulated wire compared to say a power cord.
      But I think they help balance out the pile of insulated wire when I sell it as medium grade insulated copper, the thinner degaussing cables make up for what is most likely aluminium wire.

Some of the wire in CRT's for example is not copper, so if i'm putting a bit of that in with my insulated, it's only fair there's some higher grade insulated copper to balance the value out for the scrap yard.

No mistaking the copper from a yoke though

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

This board is a bit of an anti-climax..

Scrap value: 3.5/10
        Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Working...
        X