X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I found.

Besides a scrapper I am also a beachbum. About twice a week I go beachcombing. I live 5 minutes from the beach. What is nice, on a crowded beach, I might see 5 or 6 folks. I came a cross this yesterday. It is part of a pier maybe 16 feet long and all aluminum except for the little bit of wood that was just enough to float it from somewhere. It was not on our beach last week, a storm brought it in. I am guessing 200 pounds. But there is no way I can cut this up and drag to my car maybe half a mile away.
    Most of the time I am scrapper Dan but at yardsales I am dollar Dan

Nice.

I bought a metal detector the other week on an impulse. I still haven't unboxed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Inner City Recycler View Post
      Nice.

I bought a metal detector the other week on an impulse. I still haven't unboxed it.
      I didn't need a MD to find this. I have been MDing for 12-15 years. Mine has more than paid for it in finding coins alone. I have also found lots of silver jewelry, several pieces of gold jewelry and a few antiques.

What brand and model did you get? Where will you be doing your hunting? Best to start in city parks or school playgrounds. You will have fun. Join a club if you can.

Bondi Beach is a 20 min drive. Probably lots of lost gold there and bikini's too. I was there many years ago before i had my Whites XLT.
      Most of the time I am scrapper Dan but at yardsales I am dollar Dan

Comment

Working...
      X