• Show
Clear All

• Copper prices are out of this world

Milberry Copper $10.80 kg
    Candy Copper $10.50 kg
    Insulated wire no plugs $3.85 kg
    Brass $6 kg
    Extruded Aluminium $2.10 kg

These prices are the highest i've seen ever!
    Buying eWaste link here

Not wrong Ben. Unfortunately for me, our yards are way behind. Only $10 for Milberry & $9.20 for Candy. My Brass is only $5.10. Maybe we will catch up next week.
    OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
    http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Comment

• WEEE Ben
      WEEE Ben commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure, anytime.
      My yard is just around the corner and if you want to sell boards and things to me we can do that.
      I get guys coming from all over the place to kill two birds and the extra scrap prices make it worth the trip.
      I even have two regulars from Adelaide come here as well as a guy from Tasmania that drives off the boat straight to my place and back again.

I went to Sims Metal last Friday. Managed to avoid the manager who has turned into a bit of a dick.

Milberry Copper $10.85 kg
    Insulated wire no plugs $3.60 kg
    Brass $6.10 kg
    fridge compressors $0.65 kg

Oddly my heavy melt steel and clean light iron was re-graded to shred which is down to $50 tonne instead of the usual $80-$100. I only had 60kg so no big deal.

Comment

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Awesome prices at the moment for sure! Hope it holds..
        Congrats on your 100k Ben!! 👍😁😁

Comment

Wow, that is unreal Ben. Are you thinking of cashing in the copper that you would usually keep for melting?

Comment

No, Melting copper for youtube video's are more valuable then the cash payout.
            Plus I can sell a copper bar for 3 times the scrap value, people just like casted copper bars.
            Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Well, besides the value, copper is nice to look at, so understandable people buy them.

Comment

Great vid Ben - thanks and good to see you in action again!!
                Did a load yesterday and copper price in W.A is fantastic as well - $10 for shiny and $9 for no2 - nearly as good as eastern states - unheard of ............got to be near a peak I think?
                Other prices were good but lagging compared to east coast still - S/steel $1.10, lead $1.40, Brass $4.50 and Ally Domestic $1.20

Comment

Yep it's a strange industry that we play in LDS. Your prices are fantastic for the west coast. My prices in Qld are about the same for copper but better for the rest. Yet Victoria is paying phenomenal prices. But it all gets put in containers and sent overseas for processing, except Ally. Don't tell me that the major yards around Australia get different prices to each other. Guess it's the old story, pay as little as you can get away with and make a bigger profit. Probably also has a lot to do with the size of the various supply markets. Obviously Victoria has a bigger supply market so they have to offer a better price to get the scrap. Anyway, I guess that's free enterprise at its best
                  OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
                  http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Comment

Another load today:
                    Clean brass: $5.50
                    Wire 43%: $2.40
                    Shiny: $10.00
                    No 2: $8.50

Happy days......

Comment

I've singed up to a new yard in Sydney and they are paying currently $12.00 for Milberry Copper

Comment

Working...
                      X