X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs!

Yesterday, at a yard sale, a lady gave me (free) one old computer and CRT monitor. She had to go to the back of her garage and get it. She said it had been there for years and was in her garage when she moved in. It had cat hair and dried grass clippings on it.

When I got home I put it on my outside workbench and opened the computer case. It was filled with spider webs and a few egg cocoons. Don't know how old those were but i went and got my can of spider killer and gave it a good shower, also the outside of the monitor.

Last week one of the things I got was an apple G4 laptop in a box. Opened the box and a black widow escaped to the concrete floor. I was fast, squish.

Gossip here in USA is Australia is teeming with deadly spiders. True? Do you get them in electronics? How do you deal with bugs in your finds?
    Most of the time I am scrapper Dan but at yardsales I am dollar Dan

We do get plenty of spiders Dan, but I think that teeming with deadly ones is a bit of a stretch! 🤣

Most are relatively harmless but do give you a bit of a fright! Black 'house spiders' are pretty common and redbacks turn up quite regularly in sheds - and yes they can certainly get into electronics. Redbacks are probably the most venomous but generally would just make you crook for awhile, rather than be lethal! You'd really have to be pretty unlucky to receive a bite as they are timid and generally try and get away from you.
    I deal with them by relocating them out into my yard. I see no reason to kill unnecessarily and earn bad spider karma!😁

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      I see no reason to kill unnecessarily and earn bad spider karma!😁
      I don't care about the karma. I keep a can of bug spray right on my work bench.
      I am not really afraid of them, just don't like them around. But, most of all I do not want them breeding and infesting my home and backyard.
      I used to have a girl friend that was deathly afraid of spiders of any size. That gave me a chance to be a hero and take one finger and squish.

Now my sister is the exact opposite. She used to have a travelling "bug zoo" Mostly big spiders and even bigger hissing cockroaches 3" long. She would travel to schools and give lectures. She would also bring some snakes and other reptiles.

Most of the time I am scrapper Dan but at yardsales I am dollar Dan

Comment

Working...
      X