Scrapping an LCD TV - Sharp LC-32GA4X

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapping an LCD TV - Sharp LC-32GA4X

Here's a Sharp LC-32GA4X LCD TV, This one's been beaten up good and looks like it's been sitting in a swamp..

Made in Japan, just looking at the back here I can tell it's a high quality unit..

Buying eWaste link here

It's loaded with stuff..

There's a cast alloy piece..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

That top board is a good board but technically not a high grade, those one's go into my keeper bucket as I'd rather keep them then sell for $1.60 kg or whatever..

Under that board is this power board..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Everything was on the same level, there was no large steel dividing plate, don't think they make 'em like this anymore..

Now that everything's off you can see the boards been in a wet area for some time..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Very mixed assortment of boards, a little bit of everything..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

The board in the bottom left is that a copper or gold trace around the edge?

Comment

Think it's gold to be honest, I wasn't gonna mention it as i'm not an expert. It kinda goes against the old theory of gold on gold as nothing sat on it,
              I think it's double sided too. i'll go take another look..
              Buying eWaste link here

Comment

If it is gold it is very nice board.

Comment

I'd have to say it's gold for sure, no doubt there's copper there as most gold plating is done on copper I think, but yep, definately gold plating.
                  Maybe the board is universal and can be fitted to different configurations? so in some the gold may make contact with something.

I've already taken off the white port on the side which had great pins in it..

This is the other side, as you can see there's even more on this side, like a solid finger but a lighter plating, it's almost like gold sprayed over copper if that makes sense,
                  i'm not really sure, I'm calling it gold

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

100% gold. That is a very nice board. I would put it aside because it'll be worth more if you ever end up doing some home refining.

Comment

Working...
                    X