Scrapping an LCD TV - Hitachi 32PD7800TA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of fingers running along the edge of the strips, these strip boards have plugs..

These things that plug in have little gold ends to cut off, the rest is irony aluminium..

The strip boards..

Comment

Power supply board..

and finally the hidden T-Con board..

Leaving us with a nice alloy piece on this side, but stuck to two sheets of glass..

Only one piece of plastic to deal with, lot's and lot's of clean steel came off it.

Here's the final haul, across the top is aluminium, on the right is stainless steel and overall a great selection of boards

Comment

Not bad there pal, not too sure of my haul this week as its now 42 degrees here and tomorrow is suppose to be hotter so the garage is a no go zone. Invested some of my profits in a slab of lager and parked myself under the aircon. Enjoy

Comment

• WEEE Ben
          WEEE Ben commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't blame you, it was sunny and 17 deg here, it's like two different worlds.

We've managed to separate the glass panels from the al backing plate. We ended up using an air chisel, just to see how difficult it would be.
        It turned out to be an epic pain in the arse.

Comment

• WEEE Ben
          WEEE Ben commented
          Editing a comment
          I get away with selling them complete with glass as scrap steel, I reckon it's about the same value in steel as it would be as aluminium without the glass.

• goatrutar
          goatrutar commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, we ended up dumping them as light gauge as well.

What do you do with the button boards? I normally wrench the buttons off...not sure why though! Haha

Also is there any value in the selling of the actual LCD screen itself?

Comment

• WEEE Ben
          WEEE Ben commented
          Editing a comment
          nope, no-one buys the screens, there's nothing inside apart from plastic and mercury.

tactile switches have silver contacts, it only takes 15,000 of 'em to get 1 oz of silver
          maybe not that many but still would take a lot, it's something to keep for the fun of it, not many do but you never know when silver could take off in price.
          when silver was in the $40 range everyone was looking for it, keyboard mylars is another item, so if silver went to say $100 oz, tactile switches would be an easy sell.

Haha, ok so my box of 100 isn't doing too great. That is quite an amount to aim for, 15,000. I do like the name tactile though.

Yeah I didn't think yards took screens, but the last one i went to gave $1.50 a kg for LCD screens. At first I was disappointed with my experience at that yard, but sounds like I actually should be happy!

Comment

I wish I could find a yard willing to by LCD Screens. Most I have found will buy them as steel, one even charges $0.40 per kg.

Comment

Working...
          X