• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapping a CRT Monitor - BenQ V991

Here's a BenQ V991 up next..

This one's a heavier monitor..

Buying eWaste link here

Most of the braided wire is in plastic tubes, it looks alive!

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

You can see there's more to a monitor yoke then a tv yoke..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

There's a little extra copper wire on each side and some smaller spools..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Thought i'd slide over the bin and take a pic, I scored another one of these blue 240lt bins and it's perfect for me to use as a bin for scrapped bits.
          All the things I take out of tv's and everything else I throw into this bin, when I have time I empty it by sorting the stuff into their buckets.

With tv's, the only thing that needs to be done later are yokes & degaussing cables thick enough to strip.
          everything else like wire, transformers, copper spools and clean aluminium heatsinks that I take off crt boards go in the bin.
          It's real handy as I can wheel it to where i'm scrapping something out, when i'm done I can close the lid and it's out of the rain and nothing lying around.

This is inside the bin, i've emptied it out and just starting with today's tv's but this bin will fill up and that's my signal to sort it all out..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

This board has a few small transformers to take off and all them aluminium heat sinks..

Scrap value: 6/10
            Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Working...
            X