Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapping a crt Akai 68cm CT-T29P32S

Scrapping a crt Akai 68cm CT-T29P32S
    After the relatively lightweight Cobalt tv i just tore apart this one nearly gave me a hernia, i wasnt ready for the difference in weights between the two of them.

I knew from the first screw i unscrewed this was leaps ahead in terms of build quality, the casing screws were really substancial. The inside was surprisingly clean and there before me stood high and proud quite a chunky copper yoke and wrapped around its screen was a degaussing cable that was on a par with a Sony tv. One big thick copper band snaking its way around.

The circuit board was fairly impressive, with a reasonable transformer and a number of those ones on a spool that are easy as to remove the copper from. A few ic's, aluminium heat sinks and crystal oscillators go towards making a fairly good board.

The insulated wire was avearge on a tv this size and the plug not pictured was added to my pile ready for a session of plug dentistry for the nickel coated brass pins.

Oh well time to move on to the next victim.

Am I seeing things or does that tube & yoke look exactly like the Cobalt's
    scrapmetalforum.com.au

Comment

• Pommy Picker
      Pommy Picker commented
      Editing a comment
      Bugger i think i have linked to the wrong photo, i will sort it out later. Sorry

I have removed the yoke and tube photo but cant replace them as they are smashed to bits and in their respective scrap pile, oops

Comment

• Admin
      Admin commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, your just going to have to go out and find another

I have high hopes for this afternoons haul so who knows lol

Comment

Working...
    X