Scrapping a CRT Cobalt HCB5199

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapping a CRT Cobalt HCB5199

Scrapping a CRT Cobalt HCB5199, ok seriously i didnt have high hopes for a bumper crop of goodies out of this baby and i wasnt surprised when i opened her up.
    The tv weighed very little and as can be seen from the photos there was very little inside, if fresh air could be scrapped this was worth a fortune lol.

Pretty much your standard crt set up but on a cheaper scale i'd imagine. The circuit board was small in size with a few aluminium plate heat sinks and an average size transformer combined with a really small one.

The flyback transformer was pretty average too, one fair sized chip to add to my ever growing pile of around 6 kilos now, soon time to soak them in hydrochloric to remove the pins then off to my buyer.

Just a couple of crystal oscillators to pop off and i'm dine with the board, i cant hoard these anymore its not worth the effort or return.

The copper yoke was fairly poor in both amount and quality but then i dont suppose this tv was built for quality. It was caked in that brown hard baked on resin, moving onto the wire, well not a great deal and despite the degaussing cable being less than 5mm in diameter it was copper and not aluminium as i thought it would be given the cheap put together impression this tv set gives.

So my overall impression of this set ? I wouldn't pass one by if it was offered as every little helps but i certainly wouldn't actively source one out.

The patient is opened up ready for its operation.

Comment

• tvhunter
      tvhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish they could all be this clean!

Hmmm..

Comment

Circuit board

Attached Files

Comment

Good one! Looks like you got a pretty decent workshop, and your well organised

Comment

Hey Picker, if you don't mind my asking, who do you have who buys these chips? I've been saving mine (though I don't have much more than a kilo ) but I haven't heard of anyone buying them in Australia.

Comment

• Pommy Picker
            Pommy Picker commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi TV Hunter
            I will have to contact him first as i dont want to put his details up here before asking,
        Working...
        X