Just scrapped a CRT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok wow, that's great. Thanks so much. Very helpful.

Comment

As a new scrapper i have a question. Is Ferrite (iron) that was part of scrapped CRT (along with Copper Yokes) worth any money?

Comment

G'day WildEu, welcome to the forum.

Mate, the only thing you can really do with it is toss it in your scrap iron/steel bin. So value equals weight by whatever your scrap yard pays for light weight steel.
        Of course the copper from the yolk is a different matter, but you would already know that. Other than that you will have various insulated copper wires and leads, as well as circuit boards which could give up a little precious metal, that depends of course on the quality of the boards, and various screws etc. The tube itself is not a viable thing to do anything with, in fact they are not the nicest thing to play with if you break them and generally could be considered as a pollutant.

Cheers
        OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
        http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Comment

yeah if you do a lot of yokes the ferrite adds quite a bit of weight, I sweep up the dust and all and tip it into a scrapped out pc tower or microwave.

Comment

• Okeden
            Okeden commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, got to agree Ben. You find a lot of ferrite when scrapping electronics, and as you say, it is good dense weight. No point throwing it away.

• Bohdan
            Bohdan commented
            Editing a comment
            I get $0.50/kg just for the yoke :-)

On the newer sets with so little copper its a great way to get heaps more than pressing price for junk steel without doing any work
        Working...
        X