X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome elfoam - thanks for your post. Good information!
    Like everything, scrapping is usually the last resort for value and it's worth researching before you do so!!

Comment

Thanks Chris, worth keeping an eye on prices and identification of old PC cards and motherboards, anything old even pretty generic stuff is worth good money. All your decent old sound and graphics cards (especially 3dfx cards) are for 50 bucks or more. A gravis ultrasound (big red sound cards) are worth several hundred, 5.25 inch floppy drives are sought after by people doing software archiving.. I was looking through a big e-waste scrap yard the other day and I though.. geesus if you had one guy sifting through this and picking out the better things, building up vintage pcs, repairing CRTs etc. that one guy could be bringing in thousands of dollars a day. It's pretty disturbing for me to see that kind of wastage. I understand also that for most people it's easier to just grab it all and melt it down but there's room to do both. I've been buying to save things from the scrap yard and it works out good for everyone. I've been keeping an eye on the prices of some guys that specifically sell RGB and RGB modified CRTs in Australia and the prices they are getting range from 150 to 400 AUD per set. (if sold in the big cities where there is demand)

Comment

Working...
      X