X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decent digital radios

i scrapped a roberts DAB radio today and here are the boards from it, nothing amazing but a good score for a simple radio i thought
    worth keeping an eye out for possably? i think it's enig but no worse tham a lot of cordless phones i strip.

It all adds up whether enig or hard plating, that black blob will most likely have a nice little ic chip with gold bonding wire, probably more gold in that then the board
    Buying eWaste link here

Comment

it all adds up is (or should be) the mantra of every scrapper
      what would you class that board as ? a tthe mo i have it with the midgrades but in a seperate box in case i get more, i see a fair amount of the newer didgy radios but untill now just passed them by as they are so light and feel worthless
      i know, i know DOH

Comment

barely a mid grade if your selling them, only has one little chip, boards are never graded for gold plating like that, even a fully flashed board will not be treated any different, it's just about the chips and gold fingers which are hard plated.
        Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Cheers mate i will keep them seperate
          TBH i only really go for the fingers to strip later, the rest i sell as is, well i did until i got the dam crystal bug i now have 2 coffee jars of them after going back through all my stacks and removing them, your fault LOL it's not so much the effort to recover the gold but the waist produced doing it and at the mo it seems the fingers are the least waste producing item to strip ?
          cheers again for the input chap, it's fun learning new things unfortunatly (for you) you are the go to man for the info

Comment

Working...
          X