Rear Projection Tv

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Projection Tv

Scrapped out my first ever massive rear projection tv today and had a wonderful surprise. The main video board had two large sexy gold corner BGA chips on it, another BGA chip with a Texas Instruments stamp on it and the crown jewel... a modern gold plated ceramic CPU?/ Graphics chip? Not quite sure but with ceramics being fairly rare these days it was a wow moment for me!

Another dual BGA board that came out of the assembly right at the end.

Comment

Upon more research the gold ceramic chip is the DLP (Digital Light Processing) chip.

Comment

Yeah DLP's come in modern projectors, them one's from tv's are worth keeping as a collectable since the tv's are almost all gone and I don't think there's many around.
        regular type projectors have a smaller DLP mounted on board, but there's some with a smaller version of that DLP you have.

When I pulled my first DLP like that from a tv I thought they were going to be in every one, so that year I think I dragged in 7 projection tv's in one weekend but didn't get another dlp like it.
        The main boards can have nice slot cards with fingers on 'em too.

Comment

Yea I have seen a few of the rear projection TVs around but they were always scrapped out already. It was one of those cherry popping moments I guess, finding something unexpected and exciting like that. I haven't found any of the normal type projectors yet so it was something I hadn't seen before.

Comment

Working...
          X