Flat Screen Tv's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Screen Tv's

Kerbside collections in Perth have really changed this year. Very few Crt's and even fewer computers are around. It seems the new normal for quality boards to get our BGA / flat packs and Ic chips is flat screen tv's and DVR / set top boxes. I found 15 flat screens of all sizes and about 8 set top / DVR / Foxtel boxes in my 2 to 3 hour run around. I have to say I hate plasma tv's for their weight but compared to the LCD / LED tv's that I got they had much more value in them. Luckily there are still large volumes of microwaves / fans and power cords to pay for the trips. Here is a few shots comparing the plasma to the LED tv's.
    Plasma Plasma - little board under bigger boards LED - tiny boards

I took a couple lcd's on the weekend just for the fun of it,
    Yeah dvd's dvr's etc are always good, I scored a sony betamax but it had the cord cut so i'll try and put a new one in to test it out.
    PC's, unless hidden don't last long out there, but microwaves seem to be less popular then before, probably because of lower steel & transformer prices, I've been getting a few and they're great to fill with small bits, screws and plugs, makes a good heavy scrap steel package.

Comment

Yea I must admit I'm one of those on the spot scrappers when it comes to microwaves. The only place near by to me that pays for scrap steel is about 20 mins away and I don't have the room to stack the stuff. It's annoying because I see a hell of a lot of heavy gauge steel lying around but with out a truck it's just not worth it for me.

Comment

What do you do with the scrapped out lcd's then?

Comment

I'm lucky enough to live 5 mins away from a Harvey Norman store that has a free ewaste drop off point. All my scrapped out TVs go there and I get the added bonus of loading back up with all the other stuff people have dropped off! Just yesterday I dropped off 8 scrapped out flat screens and picked up 12 more plus 2 TiVo boxes and a laptop! Talk about value for money.

Comment

you'll end up on a current affair soon being chased down the road and harassed by their painful "investigative journalists" for ripping off poor Gerry.

Comment

Haha that would be funny. From what I understand they offer the service as part of the national television and computer recycling scheme. It's main aim is to recover, recycle and reduce the volumes of ewaste going into landfill. I figure that I'm doing that anyway as an ewaste scrapper so no harm done.

Comment

Working...
              X