X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire changer

Well I couldn't help myself and got a new toy $99 bucks at supercheap

With practice you could really punch through some rims this stack took my maybe half hour

Comment

That's great!
      Gosh, wish these where around 20 years ago, $99 is a no-brainer if your scrapping cars or even just wanting to change the odd tyre around.
      Looks like you dyna bolted it in place too, apparently the're portable, I'm wondering how sturdy they are without bolting down, did you try that?
      Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Doesn't work to well if you don't bolt it down u can break the beads but it will move once you start taking the tire off.you could prob mount it on a pallet if you have no concrete and just move the pallet around with it . But yea just four 10 mm ancha screws holds it in place well.. But yea average out ya wheels at 10 bucks each in scrap ten wheels it pays for its self ..

Comment

That's heaps better than smashing away with a bead breaker. Any chance of some pics showing how it works?

Comment

I've got a few more to strip so ill throw some step by step up over the weekend

Comment

Did you need bead lube?

Comment

If just ripping them off you don't need it but if I was to remount them I'd use some lube

Comment

It'd be interesting to see if you could sell the more decent tyres.

Comment

I used to sell half decent tyres for $25 when I worked for a tyre recycler we would go around to tyre joints pick up all of the used for a fee then take em to be shredded in Sydney.. But now I just give em away to my mates or sell en for $5 to get rid of em as it costs about 1.70 to dispose of the car tyres at the shredders

Comment

Working...
                    X