X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Scrapping Workcenter

I made this mobile unit to carry all the tools I need to scrap electronics.
    I have trays for all the bits as they come off and a side shelf for my tools.
    Its made from a data rack with wheels that I scored for a carton!
    In the data rack when I got it was items with a resale value of over $500. All the other items in the rack included about $10 in scrap cable and plenty of gold contact/pins to go in the gold bin.
    Its a good time saver and organiser so I don't have bits laying all over the workshop.
    I can also use it in my home office with the A/C on so I can scrap in comfort.
    When I am done I just roll it to the side of the office out of the way and it s ready for next time.

That's fantastic!

It doesn't surprise me you scored good dollars from the server guts, but to make something useful out of the frame is what excites me

I love it, very clever. Your stocked up on magnets I see, what's the CD that's hanging on a string for? a mirror maybe?
    Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Actually behind the cd is all my hard drive discs.
      The CD was in a cd drive that I scrapped. It has photos of car racing and car racing club files.
      I intend to track down the club and see if they need it otherwise it will be processed for the gold with all my other gold discs.
      Most of what I do is to try make some extra cash on the side but I really enjoy the hobby too.
      Repurposing old stuff just makes good sense to me because money saved is money made.

Comment

Working...
      X