• Show
Clear All

Goods inward bin and motor bin

Comment

Wire bin and bulka bags for boards.

Comment

AL bin and PC mother boards.

Comment

Work bench plus some pc towers and a mower awaiting processing.

Comment

• Tybo
            Tybo commented
            Editing a comment
            Say Goat, what do you do with mowers? I generally wheel them whole onto my ute whole and scrap them as light gauge. I get the feeling I'm missing out on something.

• WEEE Ben
            WEEE Ben commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah same, also the whipper snipper/brush cutters, I cut the little cord if the're electric and throw 'em in shred.

• DJGrecycling
            DJGrecycling commented
            Editing a comment
            If the mowers have a cast ally base rip the base off u have a good chunk of cast ...You can also pull the motor if its majority ally throw it in the iron ally bin ..or if u can't be bothered and its an ally base u can throw the whole thing in as iron ally ... But that's just what I do with em

Good set up Goat, I see you clean your mobo's up well, you take off the heatsinks? I think you could leave the little ones on unless the're the chunkier types.

The AL bin, is that alloy, ally, aluminum or aluminium?

Looks like you got a huge workshop area, that's a big drill you got there or are you just happy to see us
          Buying eWaste link here

Comment

We don't get a lot of mowers but we chuck the motors in an irony alloy bin and if the base is ally we I quickly strip it down or if it's steel it goes in light gauge. The electric trimmers I strip down for the motors and to get all the cord. The plastic goes into bulka bags.

Comment

• WEEE Ben
              WEEE Ben commented
              Editing a comment
              Does it take much time to seperate the motor from the mower?

• Bredanis
              Bredanis commented
              Editing a comment
              4 bolts on all the ones I have done. Or a couple of good hits with a big hammer.

• goatrutar
              goatrutar commented
              Editing a comment
              I use a 1/2 inch rattle gun.

I never thought about the base could be alloy, and yeah it's makes sense then that the mower could go as irony alloy instead of just scrap steel, be good value without much time input.
            Buying eWaste link here

Comment

We scored a recent model Victa 2 stroke mower a while back and as it was in pretty good nick we decided to run it through a local auction yard. We ended up getting $90 minus the auctioneers 18%

Comment

Working...
              X