X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fume Hood

Does anyone have an idea on a cost for a fume hood? I know its like asking how long is a piece of string, but trying to gauge a rough new price and second hand price.

You may come out better building your own depending on your need. Do you want to just vent fumes away or do you want to scrub. Plywood and the waterproof paneling that goes in a shower sealed with silicone caulking makes a decent hood but they are kind of heavy and needs to be built in place. Epoxy paint is resistant to acids so that can be used over wood as a chemical barrier. If you are looking for a professional lab hood, try some of the auction sites for government or institutional items. Not all fume hoods are rated for corrosives. Some of the store bought hoods are for organic vapors and not inorganic acids. Be sure to make that determination before you buy. Re-circulation hoods may not scrub the fumes so be careful of "self contained" units. Fume scrubbing takes a separate unit.

Comment

Yah have looked a lot at them lately. I have come into posession of a few Dynaflow 1000 units. I am keeping one for myself, one is for a friend so i have 1 spare to sell.
      They look pretty powerful with 268 litres of air per second pumped out. 6mm reinforced glass etc. They came from an educational institution and were used for varioua chemicals so i think they will be good for what a budding refiner needs.

Comment

So, if anyone is interested in a Dynaflow 1000 Fume Hood, please let me know. Will consider offers as not sure on how much to sell it for. I am also happy to take trades in scrap Interested in IC's in particular or gold pins.

Here are some crappy pics of it, will take some better photos if people are interested. Cannot seem to find an original cost of these, but I don't believe they were cheap.

Stats of it are -
        • Brand - Dynaflow
        • Model - 1000
        • Maximum Air Velocity: 280 Litres/Second
        • Chamber and Sash: 6mm Toughened Glass
        • Built In Extraction Fan
        • External Dimensions mm - 1000 x 750 x 1550
        • Work Space Dimensions mm - 980 x 720
        Last edited by Pav; 23-09-2016, 08:41 AM. Reason: Updated with stats.

Comment

seems like they don't make that model anymore, they start at the 1200 series.
          I saw a 1500 series sell for $900 so that might give you some idea,
          Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Yeah not looking for that much. I know us budding scrappers and refiners are on a budget so as I didn't pay that much I don't want to pass it on for that much. As I said happy to do either cash or cash +trade or even 100% trade for ewaste.

I guess the hardest part will be the pickup from Canberra. I have someone coming up from Victoria on Friday for one of them so we may be able to work something out for delivery.

Although I need an offer first

Comment

if you work out a price then put it in the sales section, but you need to start the ball rolling with a price.
              offers might then come but you hold the item so your in a better position to price it
              Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Originally posted by Pav View Post
                Yeah not looking for that much. I know us budding scrappers and refiners are on a budget so as I didn't pay that much I don't want to pass it on for that much. As I said happy to do either cash or cash +trade or even 100% trade for ewaste.

I guess the hardest part will be the pickup from Canberra. I have someone coming up from Victoria on Friday for one of them so we may be able to work something out for delivery.

Although I need an offer first
                I have brought one of these Fume Hoods to ( Central ) Victoria if anyone is interested in looking at it.... Please contact Pav for price etc...
                Cheers
                Tony

Comment

RE Above fume hood/cupboard....

Here's a pic of my one all set up...

Cheers all
                  Keep it safe.
                  Tony Click image for larger version

Name:	Fume-Hood_18271 (Medium).JPG
Views:	9
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	11390

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_18241.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	986.4 KB
ID:	11392 Here's a pic of the DYNAFLOW 1000 Fume hood....
                    Cheers
                    Tony

Comment

• Bohdan
                      Bohdan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nice one at your QTH

MNY TNX, 73'
                    Tony

Comment

Working...
                    X