X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Steel

Hey, wanted to ask about heavy steel, 6 mm thick and above.
    I don't get much but my scrap yard mentioned if it was thick it could go for a higher price.
    also clean steel, without any plastic ect, goes for a bit more than pressing steel which is 15c kg.

anyone know about heavy grade steel?
    scrapmetalforum.com.au

Heavy gauge or HMS1 & 2 (heavy melting steel) goes for about $170/tonne and upwards here. Car brake discs and truck brake drums are examples as is old railway track.

Comment

Guys I run a scrap yard in Mackay and all we do is heavy steel alloys mostly buy backs from the mining industries. My main lines are NiCoMo, CoMo, 27% Crome, Mango and Heavy Mild

Comment

• WEEE Ben
        WEEE Ben commented
        Editing a comment
        Gosh, if you didn't say they were metals i'd think they were new strains of hooch

Sounds like an interesting scrap yard you got going, would love to see some pics of how the metals look.

Comment

• WEEE Ben
        WEEE Ben commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice pic's, the 12c NiCoMo pic', how do you know that is NiCoMo? are those items always 12c NiCoMo or do you just know?
        or maybe you use an XRF Analyser?

we have a analyzer in our yard down south so we got a pretty good idea of what is what after far bit of analyzing

Comment

Comment

Maybe give yourself a plug and put your website link in your signature?
          Buying eWaste link here

Comment

I will soon at the moment we are some what over supplied with the foundarys not running too many melts when things improve I will let people know

Comment

Some interesting information there. With nickel being the price it is I'm guessing any steel alloys containing nickel should pay a lot higher price right?

MJDO, do you cut a lot of the mining stuff down yourself, or does it come like that? Also do you have specific sizes items need to be? I was once told that HMS needs to be less then 4 feet, otherwise it cannot fit into the foundary buckets.

Comment

Working...
              X