Scrap buyers Brisbane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrap buyers Brisbane

anyone know of any scrap buyers in the Brisbane or Gold Coast area that buys depopulated boards?

No luck hey? they can be hard to sell unless the buyer is actually processing them, otherwise they are too hard to sell on the broader market.

In my opinion if you don't have a buyer for depopulated boards, either consider them as scrap steel because you've pretty much got all the value from them.
    or selectively depopulate boards that you get more value then selling the board complete.

PC Motherboards don't work out to be worth much more if you depopulate, if you look at the junk on them and only 2 good chips it's worth selling as is.
    mid grade boards aren't worth depopulating unless it's an older board with many ic's.
    power boards and low grade boards are space takers and low value to transport and sell, so depopulating them for ally & copper is best, throw the rest into scrap steel

Server boards need evaluating, some don't have many chips, others are loaded that are worth depopulating.
    telecom, high end, vintage boards could all be depopulated, but vintage can have higher value as a collectible

so yeah, the only boards really worth depopulating are low/power boards & very high grade boards, then scrap steel for the blanks.
    Buying eWaste link here

Comment

I heard the silicone has value is that true Ben been watching a few of your vids over the last few years big fan lots of detail

Comment

I have a lot saved up 80 kg of bga chips ATM few 20l buckets of tantlem caps and few tons of depoped boards and heap of mid low boards uppoped prob about 2 3 ton each

Comment

Hi Ben how do you approach your scrap steel buy to get them to take the depopulated boards as scrap steel ?

Comment

• WEEE Ben
            WEEE Ben commented
            Editing a comment
            I just stuff them into empty pc towers, microwaves and things like that

Old big fridges are good for this too

Comment

Ahh the sneaky way just gave me ideas the useless bloody photocopyers haha lots of little slots in there

Comment

Thanks for the ideas guys

Comment

If you have the time fill the paper draws up with trash, if you have removed the laser unit more space.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Vulture View Post
                  anyone know of any scrap buyers in the Brisbane or Gold Coast area that buys depopulated boards?
                  Vulture I struggled for years in Brisbane simply to find someone that buys boards for cash. Most "scrap" yards only want the old faithful, and would simply shake their heads when I showed them boards. E-waste buyers up here want specific volumes, and want you under an account. Of the one buyer I have I tried running depopulated boards through a couple of years as power supply grade(brown boards, 30c/kg), even they got rejected. These days I don't bother depopulating, and if I have 'very average' boards with almost nothing on them I throw them in with my light gauge steel.

The green silica boards are made out of is recycled, but I think it is more of by-product than a scrap commodity. Then again it's probably worth a fortune, but just no one buys it.

Comment

• goatrutar
                    goatrutar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Admax Processing at Virginia buy PC boards. Not depopulated obviously.
                Working...
                X