cashing in on stuff the past week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cashing in on stuff the past week

Did a scrap yard run the other day, some ok prices but copper is down..

Turning scrap steel into gold is easy, sell the steel and buy gold

Comment

Motherboards had to go so cashed half a tonne in last week, nice result..

Comment

Ben, with the motherboards, why didn't you separate the server/laptop/computer motherboards? Aren't they worth different amounts?

Comment

Yeah they are but server boards were basic ones and not that many to bother, laptop boards were partially depopulated, some bga's were pulled and other things, most laptop boards I recently bought, I knew they diidn't seem right at the time but just let them go, won't be dealing with that guy again though.

Overall I do some picking from mobo's so it's still ok for me, happy to get the crystals and mlcc's here and there.

re-starting the biz' up soon so will go back to separating server boards but as I mentioned in the vid' anything that's very high grade I depopulate completely anyway.

Comment

Watched your non-ferrous vid last night... what happened at the first yard? Sounds like they really must've stuffed you around Pretty bad considering you've been going there for a few years.

Comment

oh yeah, no real drama, just about placing the stuff after it was weighed, I was stuffed after loading and unloading, just wanted better service from that point, like if they wanted the brass in a specific bin they should do that, not up to me so I finally spoke up about it, he didn't like that so I thought it best to just move on.

Yeah been going there for a while, funny thing is I actually pass 3 yards before I get there and the one I popped into were really good, as a first time customer I felt treated as a regular so all's well.

Comment

All's well that ends well, good on the other yard for not playing silly buggers

Comment

Working...
                X