X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Earth / Neodymium Magnets from Hard Drives.

Hey Scrappers.

I get quite a lot of these magnets because some clients I have request that all drives are fully decommissioned for security reasons (Lawyers etc).

Anyways.. Question is, What ways do you guys sell them off / use them etc?

Ways i've had luck so far are -
    eBay, which can be hit or miss. I've sold them as high as $4 a piece in the past.
    Gumtree, again hit or miss. Depends on the buyers use for them as to how much you can charge.

I also use them myself for keeping things closed etc (I do a lot of wood working projects, so they are great for sort of locking things together on cabinet doors etc).

It would be great to get any form of input / discussion going regarding these.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone,
    Ryder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cgfzL8v.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	10967

Can't think of any other uses for them, haven't scrapped a lot of H/D's so never looked into selling them.
    I just stack my H/Ds to see if I can get a tonne for the fun of it.
    Buying eWaste link here

Comment

I use mine on my magnetic whiteboard to hold up photos, takeaway menus and even the weekly shopping list.

Smyte hem en peces

Comment

Hey Ben - your post was 2 1/2 years ago now! Have you got a tonne of HDs stacked up yet?

Comment

The metal from of my shed door has two of these magnets in the corners, means the door will stay shut without having to lock it every 30 seconds.

Comment

Working...
          X