Scrap prices have gone up a bit :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrap prices have gone up a bit :)

Hi gents just thought to give you all a heads up that the prices for pressing has gone up quite a bit in the last week
    Have a good one
    Cheers
    Chris

I've had a few glasses of wine so struggling to type but what's quite a bit?
    Buying eWaste link here

Comment

How about prices for other metals? Keen to hear what you're getting

Comment

When scrap metal is low in price, stockpiles fill up for a while, they start using it and less comes in to replace it so eventually warehouses empty out, prices start to go up again.
        I'll see what my yard is paying end of the week, if anything drastic has changed I would expect to hear of some specials tomorrow.

we're just a few weeks away from hard rubbish collection, in a way i'd prefer pressing stayed low so there's more e-waste out, but higher prices will help everyone out there scrapping,
        a couple years ago when I was getting 25c kg, it was great for fuel money, it was well worth picking up anything steel with a bit of weight.

and it's a big difference for vehicle scrappers out there
        Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Currently getting $60/tonne for light gauge.

Comment

Hi guys in the sth east Norstar is paying $105 for pressing , $135 for in size , One Steel is paying $135 for HMS oversize but who knows for how long ? Seems China is interested in buying steel and turning into **** pig iron for everyone to buy heheh .
            Prices could change , could go up and down , hopefully its all on the way up
            Cheers

Chris

Comment

Well good luck to you blokes down south of me. We would be jumping over the moon even for $105 for pressing. Always a point of debate, different prices in every state. Don't know how the blokes in Tassie are going, but they always seem to be getting ripped off. All this crap about transport cost when in fact their transport is subsidised. Well, more money on their bottom line I guess.
              OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
              http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Comment

Ye best to sell of your steel this month as prices are tipped to drop again next month.
                I’m getting $155 for in size and $100 for oversize and $40 for light gauge in North QLD

Comment

Got $50 tonne for pressing in Geelong today,taking in a HMS load next ,see how that goes

Comment

Kinda hoping prices hold off for a while yet, only a couple weeks away from hard rubbish starting so would be good if prices stayed low so the e-waste scrappers can get more pc's and stuff.
                    It's heartbreaking to see metal scrappers unloading pc's at the scrap yard, going as pressing.

although most yards now pick 'em out, i like how yards value add to their pressing steel by picking out things like heave gauge pieces, irony aluminium etc.
                    Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Pressing steel has definitely gone up, the base scrap price is 8c kg with better yards paying up to 10c kg now.

This makes a big difference for a scrappers' cash flow, and what timing for hard rubbish season.

Today I go rid of a couple photocopiers in the load, new way to scrap 'em out, slide the main board out and dump the rest.
                      no plastic to worry about either, instead get 10c kg for that too

I'm kinda pumped now, with steel up it makes other things like irony aluminium, transformers & motors go up too.
                      So in a couple weeks now, with hard rubbish, i'll be picking up toasters again
                      Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Hi Ben,

How do they give you 10c for the plastic too?

Comment

Working...
                        X