X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulated wire price

Just got paid out $1.50 a kilo here in the Lockyer Valley on insulated wire, it was $1.10 two weeks earlier. Wish i'd hung on now lol
    Whats the price where you are ?

North Brisbane and I get between $2.10 -$2.60/kg for PVC insulated.

Comment

• Pommy Picker
      Pommy Picker commented
      Editing a comment
      Bloody Hell, i thought mine had improved now im well p!#$&d off lol

$1.90 kg a couple weeks ago here, seems to be business as usual with non-ferrous scrap prices.
    not sure why you got such a low price first time unless they graded it as low grade insulated.
    Buying eWaste link here

Comment

I'm getting $1.70-1.90 but haven't taken in for a while due to copper price drop

Comment

I've noticed scrap yards in the regional areas tend to pay quite a bit less.

Comment

Yeah you'll always get a bit less at regional scrappers coz they have to take it into the big boys and make their margin. Not worth the extra fuel money to take it in yourself. One of the drawbacks about living in the country.
          OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
          http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Comment

Hi Okeden, Welcome.

Another thing I noticed in rural areas is supermarket prices are much higher and a lot less items on special.
            If I was out in rural i'd head into the major city with my load of good scrap to sell for better money, then hit the city supermarkets and stock up on a couple months of groceries and supplies before heading back.
            Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Originally posted by WEEE Ben View Post
              If I was out in rural i'd head into the major city with my load of good scrap to sell for better money, then hit the city supermarkets and stock up on a couple months of groceries and supplies before heading back.
              This is an awesome idea!!

Comment

Actually WEEE Ben, our grocery prices are quite good. Gotta drive 80km to our nearest big town, Kingaroy where we've got Aldi and Woolies, but as for driving another 300km to Brisbane, well just not worrth it. Anyway, I've got a great deal with my local bloke. He gets cars in for his crusher and I get first dibs to get all the looms and electric motors, along with heater and A/C radiators etc. I process them and then sell 'em back to him. He still does better than just crushing them at shred price. And when I do go down to Brisbane each quarter I always come back with a full ute load of scrap, so that pays my fuel. Make other money when I'm down there. So for me, a pretty comfortable deal. Not only that, he gives me all sorts of whitegoods to strip at the same deal. He can't afford to pay someone to strip these things so it's a good deal both ways.
                OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
                http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Comment

Working...
                X