X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would anyone here entertain stripping the motors themselves or anyone tried it themselves to give a first hand experience. At over 20 tonnes easily there there is sure to be 4-5 tonne copper. Im indifferent to selling it to the scrap yards or trying to take it out myself. Obviously way way more money taking it out myself. Great full for any insight.

Comment

I would image that big motors would be well worth stripping - but of course, it depends on your time and motivation!
      Sounds like a nice haul!!

Comment

I think I remember seeing a scrapyard's price list previously showing a price for motors/transformers, and then a separate price (slightly lower) for "large motors". I guess the percentage by weight of copper drops off a bit when you have huge cast iron housings..
        You'd have to call around some yards and ask I guess..

Comment

• Thanks for the help. I do want to strip them of the copper but just wanted to know how hard it will be. Smallest one has a plate saying 1tonne. Would love to know if anyone has did this. Seen youtube videos but there were way way smaller so much easier to move around. Appreciate all the help.

Comment

• Scrap run today. Alexandria, Sydney, NSW. Disappointing prices compared to Ben's latest video.

Aluminium Domestic $1.00/kg
            Aluminium Extruded $1.35/kg
            Brass Honey $4.70
            Copper Milberry $8.30 (Happy with that)
            Steel Shred 11c/kg (It was half clean pressing but he ignored that when I told him. It offsets the overpayment on the last scrap run).

Comment

Working...
            X