X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the go ahead on a shed clean-up...

Hi guys,
    I've just got the green light to clean out a shed - so I thought I'd do a youtube walk-around clip before I start.
    As a secondhand dealer, I should be able to make a tidy profit from this deal - although still not exactly sure what's in most of the boxes!!
    there's plenty of brass & copper scrap too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAUd...ature=youtu.be

Copper and brass is always a good find. I did an IT shop clear out. Some stuff was boxed and new. Straight on to ebay it went. Haha.

Comment

Finally finished this shed cleanout - here's the final youtube clip at the end of the job!

I'm still processing all the stuff and have mountains of good scrap to deal with. I am keeping a rough track, so it will be interesting how much value is in the scrap!

Comment

I dunno......scrap business used to be very secretive.............you never told anyone anything,or you have a lot more competition.................same with the yards........they would get upset if you told anyone what rates they were paying you.................But I must say ,e transfer payments are a big improvement .............a lot of the lowlifes seem to have dropped out................I used to get pretty nervous walking out of some yards with thousands in cash in my pocket.,with all the desperado element leaning on utes in the street outside.

Comment

I do agree with the demise of the cash system keeping lowlifes out - a good thing. It will also help the tax office!
          Many types of businesses were very secretive - especially in the antique trade! I'm more than happy to be an open book with my dealing, it's the best advertising you can do and it stops people thinking you are fleecing them! The only thing I'm secretive about now is how much cash is in my wallet!

Comment

Yeah,most (all) of the lowlifes are on the dole,with girlfriend s on child benefits..........massive loss if they get sprung,or even fess up and have income adjustment......Even so ,there still some are exporting hooky gear to Vietnam. in containers..............they got to be careful on that end tho,cause the Vietnam customs wont let in anything reusable.......crowd next to me had two 40 ft containers refused in V/nam,and sent back to brisbane.............now he s a bankrupt in V/nam.........no kid gloves there ...if the cops catch him,its into "reeducation prison" for 10 yrs.

Comment

Working...
            X