Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help for beginners

hi i am new in scrapping business
    and i would like to know what electronic devices are the most profitable? where should i focus on?
    what are the most common/profitable metals that i should look for?
    thank you!

Grab whatever you can get our hands on, electronics & machinery will get you copper and other metals but most the money is made by selling things that still work.
    scrapping stuff out is generally last resort.
    what have you found so far?
    Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Nothing so far! now i am thinking of setting up a network of collecting electronics and i want to know if this plan will be profitable.
      Especially i am interested in gathering gold, silver and other metal parts. Do you think that this will be profitable?

Comment

I don't really understand the concept of what your doing, collecting electronics from where? it's too generalised to give you an opinion sorry.
        Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Most of the regular money i make is from VIR or flex cable, it comes in such large amounts i need to clear it regularly, precious metals are a much rarer cash in unless you specificly scrap computors (that requires either a very VERY good list of contacts or a contract) IMHO both of which take time to gather around you, even back when i was scrapping every day for 15 years the cashing in of precious metals was a rare occurrence, mainly because i was a general scrapper without the contacts or contracts specificly for WEE.
          IME in terms of what makes money (remember i'm in the UK) it goes,
          VIR
          Batterys
          No1 copper cable
          No2 copper cable
          brass
          solid copper both no 1 and 2
          Ally
          steel
          Back in the day when i had a larger vehical steel was the number 1 profit item as it was regular, now i save it and swap it with regular srappers for PCs and set top boxes that i empty and then re fill with steel to swap another time for the same deal dont look at the size of the payments but the regularity they come in IE once a week £200 in shred steel works better than a once a year payment of 10K when it comes to surviving day to day and paying the bills.
          Having said that i sill make more from selling refurbed items or rare items online, my main line is hard drives, anything at 1 TB or above i test, wipe and sell on and as they mostly come from set top boxes (sky virgin ect ect) i make the most from those cable/satillite set top boxes and get a nice pile of mid grade boards as a bonus.
          I'm with Ben here, take everything you can get, dont narrow your field of profit until such time you can "afford" too

Comment

some more info. i m thinking of setting up a network of recycle bins all over Greece to gather electronic parts of computers,tablets etc.
            they do it already for some home devices/appliances. do you think that this effort is going to pay?

Comment

Sounds like a big long term investment that might start to pay eventually, the hardest part will be to get bins on sites, will take many months of travelling around to cover Greece.
              Large companies are working on this kind of thing like reweee, it's not just a simple thing like dropping off a bin, there needs to be a whole big plan with government regulations etc.

So yes it would pay but it's probably a million dollar investment in start up and employees first 12 months, so if your in that position then go for it, but if your asking us then I don't think you are in the position to do this.
              What have you done already? do you have a customer base in your city?
              Buying eWaste link here

Comment

my city Thessaloniki, is a population of 1 million (10% of population of Greece). there are not gov. regulations because i m gonna drop the recycle bin at private stores (some stores already do this for other recyclable objects). the cost will be minimum because i am going to collect the electronic parts myself. the problem is that someone else can get into the market of Athens (50% of population of Greece) copying my idea if i m going to start this gradually. i agree that if i m going to enter into the market of Athens as well it takes a lot of effort and money. i ve done nothing so far only paper work. So what do you think? if i start this venture am i going to have an extra income (talking about the city of Thessaloniki alone) ?

Comment

Yeah you'll have an extra income, for sure, give it 12 months of very hard work and you will start seeing some money, good luck
                  Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Waste recycling is a business.It can create great profits if you do this,and this is full of meaning.Recycle waste and reuse waste,turn it to beautiful products.I think this is great!

Comment

Working...
                    X