X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALUCABOND.......to scrap or not to scrap?

Hi all,havent posted here in a while,still hard at it,still learning as I go,learning a lot on here.Anyway picked up a load of ALUCABOND today,its basically two sheets of aluminium with a sheet f Perspex type plastic in between,used as cladding in high rise buildings etc,anybody came across it,is it scrap worthy and if so what as? cheers mick

Well Mick, given it is ally it should be worth scrapping. I'm not familiar with the product but would say that if you can take the perspex/plastic out, you would be left with at least domestic ally. Depends on what your time is worth. Sure there would be a lesser grade with the plastic left in, but it would be worth less. Cheers Bill
    OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
    http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Comment

Thanks Bill,i don't think separating it would be doable for a little guy,i had a look on their website and it says its all recyclable,they recommend shredding it then separating the plastc,. I will run some past my scrappy in the morning to see what he thinks.Lady I got it off reckons she scrapped a load of it and got good money ,I wonder whether they knew about the plastic in it,thanks again,cheers mick

Comment

Where I sell my scrap they buy it as irony aluminium due to the plastic contamination. The give me about $0.20-$0.30 per kg.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys,ended up being classed as dirty aluminium,got 40 cents per kg for it ,so happy with that,cheers

Comment

Working...
          X