X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'Day from Okeden Scrap

As promised, my first video, warts and all.
    OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
    http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Good work mate - thanks for sharing and look forward to future vids. Great looking country and intro the dog next time!

Comment

Thanks LGS. Yeah Dog is always around. That's his name by the way. He's a 50/50 Mareema/Great Dane. I'll get him to say hello next time.
      OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's

Comment

Yay, your on and an official youtuber.
        Nice channel intro, you've got a steady hand with that camera too.
        You've probably already noticed the microphone on them gopro's are very sensitive when touching the camera body.

I think when your mate comes along with the scrap steel compactor, it would make a fantastic video, I don't think there's a video out there on something like that, would be a good one.
        Stripping down a fridge completely would be interesting too as I haven't seen anyone going that far with one.

Anyway, you seem to be a natural communicator, you'll do well in the youtube world, good luck with it and have fun.
        Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Thanks for that Ben. Must admit I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the video. Apart from a couple of batteries and a charger, I've also bought a headstrap and a chest belt as well. I imagine the head mount would be a good way to go.

Actually got a couple of fridges waiting to be stripped so can do that. Will definitely do a video on my mate's compactor, it's an amazing piece of gear.

Been busy stripping motor engines the last few days, oily job and probably not a good subject. I've also got three cars to strip, again pretty basic stuff. Anyway I have a number of ideas.
          OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's

Comment

Yeah the video turned out sharp, tv quality for sure.

Head mount is good for moving about when you get the right angle to cover standing and bending over.
            For scrapping stuff out it can be a lot harder with head strap, the camera follows your head and doesn't always make a good video when scrapping a single subject but trial and error.
            A makeshift tripod of sorts works best when scrapping a single item like say the flat screen tv with the lens setting in wide and linear for smalls like pc's etc.

The chest mount is good for moving around and showing detail holding things as you can view the screen on the camera to ensure your subject is in the frame.
            Only issue I had is because the camera microphone is so sensitive, the chest mount slides a little causing sound to be scratchy.

Any subject is good, cars, engines, it's all interesting, especially this new generation who have probably never looked under the bonnet of a car
            It's good to have video's up your sleeve, what you might not want to put up today will come in handy for filling gaps in your upload schedule.
            Those times when your not doing much you can drop a reserved video onto youtube to keep the consistency going on your channel.
            Buying eWaste link here

Comment

I'd like to see your fridge stripping technique - I have a few fridges lying around minus motors and easy to get to copper pipe - the foam removal mess aspect puts me off going any further so if there is a good way to avoid this I'm keen to see it. Cheers

Comment

Mate, I wish I could tell you the good news, but there is none. If you are going to skin the fridge to get the copper tubing, then you are going to end up with a mess. If you can confine your stripping to an enclosed area, inside or out, then you have a hope of collecting all that lovely insulation foam and dumping it. But what your local dump will think of it is anybody's guess.

Living where I do, I can get away with it - for the time being. I have a mountain of various waste, especially plastic and the dreaded foam insulation. At some stage I'm going to have to get rid of it all. If we ever get the right weather conditions I could burn it. But you will still have all those nasties going into the air. I'm not sure just what the large scrap yards, like Sims, do, but the must have a method. That's probably why they have waste levies on whitegoods and incomplete cars. Not sure of the answer for us small operators.
                OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's

Comment

Ha ha ha ha - I'm lucky and also have no neighbours but bugger that they can stay intact.

Comment

Excellent work Bill - I think you'll have a good youtube following after awhile! Agree that the compactor would be a great video as would a fridge scrap-out!
                    I'd be really interested in any refining ones down the track too!
                    Cheers,
                    Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris. The compactor vid will depend on when old mate comes homes and does some work in his own yard. He is following my advice (as his Accountant) and making sure the machine is working and paying for itself.

As I mentioned, I have a couple of fridges that need stripping so, yes we can do a vid on that.

Refining - Well we will work into that in stages. I'm very wary of doing vids on a subject that can be very dangerous to people who do not know exactly what they are doing. Mate, I don't want to give you advice that may cause you some serious harm. I don't mind sharing, but with the laws these days I am very nervous. I know what to do, I've studied the process, but giving advice to other people is a whole new story.

I just hope you can all understand my reticence to get into this subject in depth.
                      OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's

Comment

Yep, totally understand Bill. Some of the American refiners I watch usually have warnings and disclaimers at the start of all their videos!

Comment

Working...
                        X