X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to WEEE Ben for 50k youtube subscribers!

As the topic says!
    Well done Ben - you sure have a loyal following now!

Thanks, yeah it's been a fun ride to 50k
    Be interesting to see what comes from this year, will be busy
    Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Busy is good mate! It helps you become more efficient
      I'm curious - when you have a channel with so many comments on your vids , do you read them all or does it just become too much?

Comment

I generally keep up with comments from the latest videos but I only reply to one's that stand out, otherwise i'd spend all day just doing that, but I try and keep active in comments, I think people appreciate being replied to if they're asking a relevant question
        Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Yep - best way to build loyal followers by making them feel their input is valued... and also others appreciate answers I guess.
          Your notifications must go berserk at times!
          Did you find once your channel got to a certain size that subscribers just came faster and faster? It certainly is difficult to attract subscribers with a small channel, although obviously the quantity of videos makes a difference.
          Excuse all my questions Ben, but I'm trying to kick start activity on this forum again - oh and I'm genuinely interested in building my channel

Comment

The biggest builder of your channel will be youtube's algorithm and consistency, having videos that are similar topics to more popular videos also helps, for me it was copper topics which got recommended right after a certain channel's videos that was getting a few million views at the time, then the algorithm takes over and recommends a few of your video's consistently, so long as you remain consistent.
            at the moment the video's suggested from youtube algorithm brings me 250,000 fresh views a month, so around half of my views.

although copper video's have slowed, now it's street scrapping ones, they just pick out a few and run with them.
            Buying eWaste link here

Comment

• WEEE Ben
              WEEE Ben commented
              Editing a comment
              forgot to mention, when you have what you believe is a cracking video, one that seems interesting right from the start and a popular topic.
              try promoting it.
              that is investing in youtube's advertising to promote your video through adwords.
              I did that with a few which helped get traction from youtube, but it doesn't help once your getting many views, it can work opposite.

That's all very interesting! So by consistent, you mean regular videos? I'm trying to put one up every week and will stick with that plan as long as I can.
            I do have a few different themes - but they all kind of fit under the recycling banner. I'm thinking I need to alternate between the various playlists to keep my subscribers interested.
            I haven't looked at the adwords thing.. will check that out at some stage, thanks

Comment

Working...
            X