X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day, I'm New

Well as you all know, I'm not new. Been around for a few years on this forum. But I'm feeling I need to tell you about myself so that you might better understand my posts.

So, left school after year 12 and got a job with an accounting firm. Come Vietnam I joined up and did service over there. Came back to civvy street and started my accounting again. After Vietnam I guess I got itchy feet so I got into the transport industry. I drove local and interstate and ended up as Operations Manager for a very large Australian business.

In 1994 I suffered a big break down and have been on anti-depressants ever since. We had no idea what the cause was . But after battling through a lot of suicidal thoughts I sort the help of a Psychologist. I had tried getting help from DVA but they would have been happy for me to commit Hari Kari. This Lady finally broke through my barriers and we worked out that the main reason for my PTSD was Vietnam. I mean, this was 26 years after the event. Who would associate Vietnam and my PTSD after all those years.

Anyhow, I got on with life and started up my own Accounting practice and eventually my scrapping business. So sometimes I can be very abrupt, hopefully not on this forum. But I have a lot of experience in different fields and I just hope I don't come over as too "I Am". I just call things as I see them.

So hope the above gives everyone a better understanding of me. Cheers, Bill
    OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
    http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Great post Bill!
    It's nice to get to know the regulars a bit better - not that there's many of us!
    Perhaps a few others could follow suit?

Comment

Good post Bill. Real life experience which has made you the person you are today.

Comment

Thanks Cat, much appreciated. I don't open up much but just wanted all my scrappie mates to understand me a bit better.
        OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
        http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Comment

Good on you Bill - takes character to do posts like that one.

Comment

Working...
          X