X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way - yesterday's trip was the first scrap metal I've sold in over 20 years!!
    In fact - when I was dealing in scrap back in the 80s & 90s, I used to organise trucks & drivers to take scrap in for me... so yesterday was the first time I had actually set foot in a scrap yard!!
    Video coming soon

Comment

Wow. I actually enjoy going into a scrap yard. What did you think of the process, now that you have done if yourself?

Comment

Yeah, it was good cat! A busy place!! Forklifts running back and forward everywhere as well as plenty of trucks coming & going!
        The bin system is pretty good but they seemed rather disorganised and we did have to wait a while for empty bins and then for the forklifts to come and get the full ones. Luckily no flat tyres which I was warned could be a problem.
        I'll post a link to the video once I have it up on YouTube.
        Ended up with a very nice payout! Just over $3k made the trip well worthwhile. Looking forward to doing another run soon

Comment

Hi Chris - yep my yard accepts them as transformers

Comment

Originally posted by LoveaGoodScrap View Post
            Hi Chris - yep my yard accepts them as transformers
            That's interesting! Obviously different yards have different opinions! Always pays to check before taking a load in I guess..

Comment

Working...
            X