X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Sydney

Hi
    My name is Brad. I live about 5km south of Sydney CBD.

The streets around here are lined with scrappers gold. I usually just walk a different way home from the station each day (almost 2 km) and keep my eyes open.

Yesterday I got 5kg of Cat6, a fan motor, 3kg of extension lead a small clock motor and some brass.

I'd post a photo of what I staggered home with but am not sure how photos work on this forum.

Hi Brad, welcome.
    You can post pictures by clicking on the advanced editor it's the A tab you see on the right of where you type a reply, next to smiley face
    Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Welcome Brad,
      Yep - pics are great! We always enjoy seeing what people score on street scraps. Ben has a good following on his youtube channel for that exact reason!

Comment

This is the back of my car after my first "intentional" day of scrapping. I went dumpster diving while walking through the industrial estates about 2km from home. I filled my backpack and geo-tagged the heavy stuff and went back with the car.
        With the seats down I have 1000+ litres of space.
        There's an AC unit, a solar PV inverter (10kg of copper & 6kg of extruded aluminium), some totes, hessian coffee bags, coffee bean mulch (I'm a gardener), wire, refundable bottles, microwave oven components and a 30kg compressor motor that I still haven't torn down.

Comment

This was the 1.8km walk home from the station after work in my office clothes.
          I had my backpack full of wire and an 80cm x 80cm x 15cm box full. I still had 1.5km to go and boy my arms were tired at the end!
          All the yellow stuff was Cat6

Comment

Nice work Brad.. it's amazing how much good value stuff is just thrown out sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              Nice work Brad.. it's amazing how much good value stuff is just thrown out sometimes!
              A few weeks back I found this 1.5kg stainless steel counterweight for a photographic harness. Sold it on eBay yesterday for $24. It cost hundreds new but the buying market is limited.

Yesterday I got a few kg of LGCu wire, some stainless steel cookware and 2 car batteries. Couldn't carry the batteries so i hid them behind some bins and geo-tagged them. Picked them up later when going shopping.

This was the big find:
              Feb 1940 reference for a worker on the commissioning of the new Holden factory in Pagewood, NSW. Will put it on ebay this w/e

Comment

Working...
              X