X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Perth

Hi there, looking forward to getting to know some scrappers and learning from you all.
    I'm in the air conditioning trade and come across a bit of copper some brass and allie that I'd like to melt to ingots, seen some of bens work also bigstacked, and im hooked.
    regards,
    BIP

Hi BIP and welcome to the forum!
    Unfortunately most active members seem to have deserted here and there's very little posting at all!
    Perhaps things may pick-up with new members joining occasionally...
    I have plans of making some cast aluminium stuff to actually sell through my secondhand shop. Seems a much better way to get value than just scrapping it for around $1 a kg!

Do you sell your scrap in Perth, or just stockpile it? How's the prices over in the west?

Cheers,
    Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris, yes it is a little quiet so thanks for your reply.
      I have been disappointed with the $ from scrap yard so I have changed to another place who documents it all and makes sure i sight the scale. Due to go in soon so i will let you know what they pay.
      The previous yard was like a "no doc" sales yard which is probably why they we're cheap.

Im planning to stack metal bars for fun, with a sneaky suspicion that metal prices can only rise a fair bit over time.
      talk soon, BIP

Comment

Working...
      X