Scrapping a PC - IBM Aptiva 2176-Y63

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapping a PC - IBM Aptiva 2176-Y63

Here's a nice IBM Aptiva 2176, The Aptiva is my favorite pc I ever had, think mine came out with windows 98, the thing lasted for years..

Solid steel tower really looks and feels what I think a PC should look like..

Buying eWaste link here

Simple layout still the today, this one has a board over the motherboard which slot cards slot into..

Room for many slot cards but only one here, a big one..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Yeah a good sized slot card it is..

There's that backplane board for slot cards..

Lot's of gold plated pins will be inside the slots..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Here's something cool, underneath the back plane board is the finger that slot into the motherboard..

The main difference being these are removable fingers, they just slot in and out, cool..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

That was fun, now for the rest of it..

An old maxtor hard drive..

These are great hard drive logic boards, today's boards are small and light..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Motherboard is just as good, has 4 RAM sticks and another similar looking stick next to the heatsink..

That top one probably isn't a ram stick but same thing as scrap, there's 2 gold ram sticks and 2 silver sticks..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Ceramic CPU..

Good score this, that slot card is half the size of the motherboard, biggest one i've seen, the backplane board is good value too..

Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Working...
              X