Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Component Codes

Hi Scrappers,

I'm in the process of depopulating a number of boards and hope you can help me with a few code numbers. Towards the bottom left of the photo are the codes BP1 and BP2 and just above these is BM1. At the right side of the photo are BH04 and RH04. I have checked the table provided by Ben on another post but cannot find any reference to these code numbers.

As you can see from the photo they all look very similar and resemble MLCIs. Does anybody have any idea what BP, BM, BH and RH stand for and does anyone know what these components contain?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-04-25 20.03.34.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	12075

G'day Belfast,

Generally speaking, B or BR refers to a bridge, R generally refers to a resistor. However, i can't find anything specifically for the codes you mention. One of the problems in identifying components is the vast array of codes out there.

I have a list of codes, but at the end of the list there is another list of widely used codes. So it is not easy.

They certainly look like MLCC's, in which case you are looking at Palladium, Silver and occasionally Platinum/Gold. 2 - 2.5% per mass weight (clean, no solder), could be PM's. And depending on the year of manufacture up to 1992 only 70-75% in the whole batch would contain PM's at about 15-20g/kg.

One clue to whether they are MLCC's is to remove and test if one end is magnetic. This indicates that the might be. Also, these units could be black tantalum capacitors, although I don't see any coding on the units themselves.

Sorry, can't offer much else. Good luck with it all.
    OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
    http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Comment

Heya Belfast, this URL alldatasheet.com may help to identify what those parts are, if you can find a part number on those chips you can enter the part number into it's search box in the hope that it will have a data sheet available for your perusal. Website has thousands of data sheets for a lot of different sorts of electronic components. Hope this is of some help to you

Comment

Thanks guys for the responses.

Unfortunately the components are too small to check which actual end is magnetic Okeden, it just sticks, but that is certainly a great tip and worth keeping in mind for larger ones.

Hi CuBowerBird, thanks for the link. I checked it out and will have to go back to it when I have more time but that site definitely looks like it should cover everything possible. Great link.

Now that you have raised the tantalum possibility Okeden I will have to carry out further research rather than just throwing them in with my MLCCs. The board (SYNC60C4LVO.3) actually comes from a Toshiba LCD TV if that is any help. Plenty of pictures on Google image search but unfortunately no detailed component break-down.

Comment

Working...
        X