Picking Crystal Oscillators off Boards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking Crystal Oscillators off Boards

Crystal Oscillators contain a little silver and sometimes gold, whilst not a great deal it's worth picking them off boards.
    Haven't figured out what they're worth yet but hoping someone comes along with some refining figures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	crystal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	7982
    Buying eWaste link here

Ben, I watched your video and noticed that you weren't sure about some oscillators with a gold coloured bottom. Rest assured that they are gold. I picked a couple today and opened two of them. The insides are all beautiful gold, so don't throw them away. I will do some refining shortly and let everyone know what you get out of them, at least silver wise for the moment. I'm going to Brisbane in July and will get some more refining chemicals, so it will be after that.

I took some photos of the oscillators, and some other bits and pieces but when I try to upload them the site tells me they are corrupted. I took them on my phone and downloaded them to my computer and they are standard JPG files. They have been scanned and are clean in that respect, so not sure what the go is. Any ideas?
    OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
    http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Comment

• WEEE Ben
      WEEE Ben commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure about the pictures, maybe too big? try making them smaller or load onto photobucket first.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e-waste 009.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	594.0 KB
ID:	8015 Okay Ben it's taken a little while but here is a photo of the Gold Oscillators I mentioned. As a matter of interest, the round ones came of an old CRT TV that was laying in the yard that still had a board in it. So don't discount any boards until you have a good look at them. Never know what you'll find.

I apologise for the blurry picture, don't know what I did, but at least you get the idea. And I think the problems I had earlier were because the files were too big. Anyway I'm learning.

I added a couple of other items to the picture, some transistors and a flat pack with window. As any newcomers to e-waste will see, there is gold in them thar hiils. The ceramic ones have gold legs and therefore probably gold wires inside. The metal one on the left has a gold bottom on it.
    OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
    http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Comment

• WEEE Ben
      WEEE Ben commented
      Editing a comment
      I only wish I started picking them years ago from crt's
Working...
X