X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A book on refining precious metals from ewaste - any recommendations?

Hey guys,
    Since the nights have been a tad cold in Victoria lately, and I'm restricted to light duties for awhile after hip surgery, I'm starting to do a lot more reading than I normally have time for!
    Just wondering if there's any stand-out reference books any of you know of regarding refining gold (in particular) from ewaste?
    I do have ideas of one day dabbling....

Hey Chris, sorry not much of a reader, but what I've started to do while scrapping is listening to audio books. Just finished listening to a whole heap of investing books, Rich Dad Poor Dad is a real good one. Refining gold is something I've been looking into too, but mainly watching Youtube videos on how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen View Post
      Hey Chris, sorry not much of a reader, but what I've started to do while scrapping is listening to audio books. Just finished listening to a whole heap of investing books, Rich Dad Poor Dad is a real good one. Refining gold is something I've been looking into too, but mainly watching Youtube videos on how to do it.
      I've read a lot of investing books. I think the first i read was "The Richest Man in Babylon" and it's an easy read with some good basic advice.

I have issues with "Rich Dad Poor Dad". 1) A lot of it isn't relevant to Australian law, Australian bankruptcy law, Australian tax law, Australian superannuation rules, etc. 2) The guy has almost no ethics or morals. I want to be rich but not at the expense of my fellow man.

Paul Clitheroe's books helped me out when i first started.
      Marcus Padley does some good stuff.
      I haven't read The Barefoot Investor (yet) but am told it's great for novices or if you are experienced it helps you re-focus.

My top tip. Learn to read a financial report - at least get your head around the basics.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys.

Not so sure about reading financial & investing books - I haven't got that much time!

Practical precious metals recovery as far as chemical processes would interest me. It would probably be heavy reading though!

Yep... I watch various youtube videos often on refining, and quite frankly - some of the operators scare me with their chemical use..

Comment

I reckon I'd get evicted from my townhouse complex if I tried it.

Comment

There's really only one book, Hokes Book, they say it's the bible of gold recovery.
            You can download the whole book or read online in PDF here..

https://recyclingsecrets.com/free-re...te-cm-hoke.pdf
            Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Thanks Ben - I knew there was one called 'the bible', but couldn't remember it!

Haha Brad - toxic smoke billowing from the windows doesn't usually go down well when you have close neighbours!

Comment

Cheers Inner City Recycler will see if I can find some of those books in audiobook format. I reckon Rich Dad Poor Dad is good for people starting to get into investing, high talks about how low/middle class people think versus rich people thinking and putting your money into assets than liabilities. The Barefoot Investor is definitely next on my list just can't find any free audio books . I'm more of a chart man, like looking for them breakouts patterns. Keep an eye out for Silver stocks, ready for lift off.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen View Post
                  Keep an eye out for Silver stocks, ready for lift off.
                  Silver price is really low. I've been thinking of buying bullion....

Comment

Silver is low compared to gold at the moment with the gold/silver ratio at 88:1, a few weeks ago it was 93:1 so an even better buy against gold.
                    But silver isn't low, it's actually at a 3 year high @ $25 oz, the aussie dollar hasn't helped much when buying but good for selling, was just $19 oz a couple months ago.
                    Gold is the stand out though, it's never been over AU$2000 oz and currently it's $2225 oz so it's been a good ride this past few months.
                    Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Yep, a good time to own gold. Need to stock up on ic chips and gold fingers. Was wanting to buy gold a few months ago before it broke out, but didn't have the money. So now waiting for gold to dip, then will get some gold stocks. I was wanting to buy silver bullion too, but the margin between the buy and sell is too wide for some reason, 10%! So went and bought some silver stocks instead. The investors I'm watching on Youtube are predicting a recession soon, they reckon money is going to pour into gold and silver.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	6sG9wSAd.png
Views:	0
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	13119

Comment

Working...
                      X