Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Yellow Squares

Hi Scrappers!

I've just gotten into this scrapping lark - addictive, isn't it? - and I'm breaking stuff to raise money for my favourite charity here in the UK, called The Biscuit Fund. I saw one of Ben's vids recently in which he worked on a MB with those little hard yellow square capacitors, and he says there's nothing in them of value. Being a newbie I've been pretty much slicing and chopping up everything I come across, more for satisfying my curiosity than anything, and inside these I discovered a silvery material that appears to be layered in very thin plates. Very, very shiny stuff.

I'm wondering, could it be silver or is it only some kind of aluminium foil? It would be helpful if anyone knows for sure. TIA.

Smyte hem en peces

Hi Ev'

It sounds like an aluminium capacitor, yes, scrapping is addictive and hard to stop.
    Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Ben, Everlord isn't talking about Tantalum caps by any chance. Little yellow squares just jumped at me. But the silvery stuff inside made me think. Just a thought.
      OKEDEN SCRAP & PM's
      http://www.okedenscrapandpms.com.au

Comment

not sure, don't know what I would of said there's no value inside, tantalum cap's are black inside so it sounds like an aluminium capacitor or could of been a yellow battery, without pictures it's just a guess
        Buying eWaste link here

Comment

Sorry, pix not an option. The digicam that I have isn't good for close-up shots, and being disabled and on a limited budget as a result, it's way down my list of priorities for replacement. Best description I can offer is that the things I'm talking about are about 1cm or half an inch square, and maybe 1.5mm or a tenth of an inch thick, and whatever it is that's in them is wafered in very thin layers. It's only curiosity on my part as to what those layers are made of, but it would be nice to have "discovered" a new source of scrappable silver if the stars are in the right places upstairs wouldn't it?

Smyte hem en peces

Comment

Working...
          X