Air-cons split systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I weld up a thick steel cube with a lid and for the transformers I build a little cradle so it pushes the copper out motors and the choke I have are made of cast steel/alloy and shatter easily and the cube with the lid holds in the mess copper normally just shakes the rest of few taps with a hammer some times

Comment

• Bohdan
      Bohdan commented
      Editing a comment
      Photo?

Photos would be great. I am a visual person, from your description I can't get an idea of what you are doing. If you could take photos I am sure we would all be greatly appreciative.

Comment

All the photos I take say the file size is to big to upload

Comment

You need a steel box inch thick on base walls and lid but the lid must slide down into the box until it reaches the bottom first place your copper filled goodies in it place in the press and force the lid down and crush the cast I do this in the box for safety as 40 tons of pressure can cause things to go flying at bullet speeds if I can find a crap old phone soon to take low quality photos hopefully that will bring the file size down and I can post some photos and videos of my crazy things next invention is a pressurized boiling system for cds to remove the plastic from the metal

Comment

• Bohdan
          Bohdan commented
          Editing a comment
          Just an idea on the photos

Download them into windows paint, use the resize option to shrink then, save off as a *.jpg, instant reduction in file size.

Thanks bohdan I'll see what I can do with paint

Comment

I use IrfanView software. Its free download. Open the photo in it then file save as, select lower quality and it drops from about 6 meg to 900k. Quality doesn't go down too much as you can still see everything in my photos.

Comment

Can you get that on iPhone Pav or just PC

Comment

Just checked http://www.irfanview.com/main_what_is_engl.htm and it seems its not for phone, only PC.

Comment

Dam that's a shame I do 90% of my stuff on my phone when I get to my friends house I'll see what I can do to get some photos for you's

Comment

I get heaps of strange junk from where I work I can post photos/videos I can post about can share some of my techniques too

Comment

That would be awesome. Look forward to it

Comment

Probably way too late on this post, but I'd be crawling for those split systems. IMO after copper hot water systems, split systems are the best readily available scrap items out there. I've itemised many before and once broken down, a split system should net around $40-$60 in scrap.

Comment

• Okeden
                        Okeden commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep Tybo, one of the best items for scrapping. I have a deal with an Air Con mob for all their old units. Last pick up gave me around $700 for a $50 bottle of scotch. Not a bad return.
                    Working...
                    X